Hall of Fame
Updated Wednesday March 14, 2018 by St. Barts Old Timers Softball League.
St. Bartholomew’s Old-Timers Softball Hall of Fame
Criteria for Selection
To honor those who have played a major role in the growth and development of St. Bartholomew’s Old-Timer’s Softball League (The League). In addition, they represented the true spirit of The League, both on and off of the field. We honor those who have made outstanding contributions to The League and our Community.
Nomination Categories and Requirements:
- Players: To be selected, a player must have:
- Distinguished himself through League Play, Leadership Roles, such as Captain and/or Board Membership, or League Events volunteer.
- Must have played a minimum of ten seasons in The League.
- Must be retired from The League for a minimum of two consecutive seasons.
- Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- Meritorious Service Commissioners/League Directors and Volunteers:
- Must have been a Commissioner/League Director for at least five years and/or made an outstanding service contribution to The League
- To be selected, a person must have umpired a minimum of ten years, and distinguished themselves by umpiring in St. Bartholomew’s Old-Timer’s Softball League play-offs and championship play.
- This category will include individuals not eligible under another category who have made outstanding contributions to The League, over a minimum of ten seasons. This will include such people as team sponsors, sportswriters, administrators, volunteers, and others at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
Nomination Process: See the Hall of Fame Page on our Web-Site, for nomination information.
The League is presently accepting nominations for the St. Bartholomew’s Old-Timers Softball League Hall of Fame.
- Nominations must be made by June 30 to be considered for the current year.
- Nominations received after June 30 will be considered the following year.
- No more than five individuals may be selected in the Player Category in a single year.
- No more than five individuals may be selected in the Other Categories in a single year.
- Selection will be made by the Executive Board Members, upon the recommendation of the Captains and Committee Chairs, and announced on Labor Day. Two-thirds vote of the Selection Committee is needed for selection into the St. Bartholomew’s Old-Timers Softball League Hall of Fame.
Those selected for enshrinement will be:
- Acknowledged by the August immediately following selection.
- Given a plaque and/or other appropriate memento, at the discretion of the committee.
- Enshrined on the St. Bartholomew’s Old-Timers Softball Hall of Fame Page on our Web-Site.
This article has 1
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.